OPENMDAO SOFTWARE DEVELOPER FOR AIRCRAFT DESIGN
Summary of Position
Banner Quality Management Inc (BQMI) is searching for an OpenMDAO Software Developer for Aircraft Design. Successful candidate will use OpenMDAO to build aircraft design tools with analytic derivatives that can be used in gradient based optimization. Applications of this aircraft design tool will include electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft and hybrid electric conventional take-off and landing aircraft. Work will entail developing the tool, build documentation, and build demonstration use cases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generally – to build aircraft design tools using OpenMDAO with analytic derivatives that can be used in gradient based optimization.
• Specifically – to build demonstration cases for vertical electric and hybrid electric take-offs and landings.
• Provide documentation and presentations as required.
• A strong background in aircraft design, and design optimization.
• Proficiency in programming, in particular python programming.
• Prior experience with OpenMDAO highly desirable.
• Doctorate preferred.
• Experience in the aviation industry or academia is desirable.
• Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer.
Personality or self-management skills:
• Able to work remotely in a team environment utilizing the latest in collaboration tool.
To apply please submit a current resume and cover letter to:
Banner Quality Management Inc.
BQMI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Due to contract requirements, U.S. citizenship is required to obtain access to government facilities and systems.